Thermal tests are intended to verify the thermal design of the product or locate the hot spots in existing devices. The following are issues that we can be helpful with:
1. What is the problem with temperature measurement?This is a question that we are frequently asked. "We are able to glue the sensors by ourselves" claim the customers. Is that so? Before gluing the sensors we must know:
- a. Where to glue them
- b. What is the best way to glue the sensors for different places?
- c. What are the limitation of the measurement, and how precise it expected to be?
- d. What is the meaning of the readings, are they reliable?
- e. What can be done, if measurements are wrong?
2. Data needed to perform successful test.
TIn order to define measurement procedure the following data is needed:
- a. Mechanical structure of the product.
- b. Equipment configurations and operation modes.
- c. Real environment conditions, including neighbor equipment data.
- d. Thermal Data of the components
- e. Thermal criteria of the components
- f. Standards and Customers requirements.
Precision and reliably of Test Results depends on the quality of the data mentioned above.
3. Test Results.
First of all test results should indicate whether or not exist some thermal problem in the product. If the design was made properly, no such problems should be found. Next purpose of the test is to verify analyses results. If any disagreements are found they should be addressed immediately. And finally, temperature control system should operate exactly according to design definitions.